The High School State Seal of BiliteracyThe California State Seal of Biliteracy Criteria established in legislation certifies attainment of a high level of proficiency in two or more languages. The English criteria includes:
- Completion of all English language arts requirements for graduation with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- Passing the California Standards test in English language arts administered in grade 11 at the proficient level or above.
- For English learners not reclassified, attain the overall early advanced level on the English language development test
- Passing a World Language Advanced Placement examination with a score of 3 or higher
- Passing an International Baccalaureate examination with a score of 4 or higher
- Successful completion of a four-year high school course of study in a world language and attaining an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Passing a school district language exam that, at a minimum, assesses speaking, reading and writing passing at a proficient level or higher
- Passing the SAT II world language examination with a score of 600 or higher